This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide the Company when you visit our website www.snackgenius.com (“Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing your information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website
- In e-mail, text, and other electronic messages between you, us, and/or our Website
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Websit
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use our Website. To ask us questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information (as defined below) from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, including name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“Personal Information”).
- That includes your billing and shipping information, including credit card numbers and shipping addresses.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial or information about yourself and/or your company before placing an order through our Website.
You may also voluntarily provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). We will only post your User Contributions with your consent. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches and ordering process; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To notify you about any promotional offers provided by us.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose to third parties aggregated information about our users as well as any other information that does not identify any individual…
We may disclose your Personal Information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
We will not disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose without first obtaining consent from you.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others.
Our Website may use third-party service providers (“Service Providers”) to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet, to analyze Website traffic on our behalf, to fulfill orders, to deliver packages, to send mail and e-mail, to provide marketing assistance, to process credit card payments, and to provide customer service. Service Providers have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions. However, Service Providers are contractually prohibited from using your Personal Information for other purposes. Service Providers may also collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website, and your interaction with our ads. Service Providers that serve our ads, help us analyze traffic to our Website, and provide marketing assistance may use technologies similar to those outlined above to measure the effectiveness of ads and e-mails. They may also use information about your visits to this and other websites so that we can provide advertisements about goods and services. No Personal Information is collected in this process. We may share anonymous information with Service Providers in an aggregate form, for purposes of analysis and improvement of our Website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into our Website (if applicable) and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Updates to Policy
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND OUR WEBSITE AND THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY IN OUR DISCRETION FROM TIME TO TIME. IF WE CHANGE THIS POLICY IN WAYS THAT AFFECT HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU HERE OR IN A NOTICE ON OUR HOMEPAGE. WE WILL ALSO UPDATE THE REVISION DATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POLICY. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK THIS POLICY FROM TIME TO TOME TO REMAIN INFORMED OF ANY CHANGES.
Last updated: November 4, 2017